Kalamata Convention Bureau
Kalamata Convention Bureau
Address: Square Of 23Rd Of March, 241 00, Kalamata Greece
Telephone: +30 27210-62200
Tucked away in the southwestern tip of Peloponnese, Messinia is one of the most beautiful regions in Greece. Tranquil nature, lush landscape, extensive beaches, abundant springs, Venetian castles and traditional villages compose the charm of the area. Inhabited since prehistoric times, it hosted the Mycenaean civilization as evidenced by archaeological findings. The beautiful seaside capital of Kalamata, home of the world-famous ”Kalamata olives”, is a modern town with parks and wide streets. Crowned by the Frankish castle, it is built on the remnants of an ancient acropolis. The modern city is alive with a wide range of cultural events, festivals, carnivals flower fests, dance festival and theatrical performances. Boasting an excellent hospitality infrastructure, the area is ideal for conferences. Vast investments in the tourism sector have given luxurious resorts, complete with quality accommodation and conference centers, sea-therapy centers and golf facilities. Messinia can be reached by boat, bus or train from Athens. The airport of Kalamata, its marinas and the road arteries that end here facilitate all means of transportation that lead to this magic corner of Greece.
CVB & Alternative Tourism Bureau Of Messinia
The Bureau, established by the Commercial Chamber of Messinia, aims to play both the role of a local CVB and in the same time of a body promoting systematically all forms of thematic-alternative tourism, that Messinia can offer.
As a local Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Bureau:
- promotes the region of Messinia as a business tourism destination for Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conferences and Exhibitions
- provides detailed information on the possibility to host business tourism travel in Messinia, to all the professionals, who organize and distribute events conferences etc. In other words, to the potential demand ( tour operators, travel agencies, buyers, companies and scientific associations, that organize conferences, etc.) and
- brings together the demand for all forms of business tourism, with all the tourism business sectors of Messinia, representing the respective tourist offer (convention centers, conference facilities, hotel accommodation, etc, catering and recreation facilities, tourist agencies, rent a car agencies ,professionals of the audiovisual industry, translators, etc.).
As a local promotion agency for -alternative forms of tourism, the Bureau:
- promotes these forms to the respective actual and potential markets and
- provides detailed information to tourism professionals and individual tourists, who are interested in each form of alternative tourism and in the alternative tourism products of the region.