This is Athens
Convention & Visitors Bureau
This is Athens–Convention & Visitors Bureau
This is Athens – Convention & Visitors Bureau was established in April 2008 to represent Athens in the global MICE market. We are part of the Athens Development and Destination Management Agency, a public company created by the City of Athens to represent its international interests and establish Athens as a competitive destination for international tourism, investment, and talent. Our membership network represents more than 100 of the largest tourism enterprises in Athens. In 2018, our collaborative work earned recognition as Europe’s Leading City Tourist Board at the World Travel Awards.
This is Athens is the global brand promoting the city as a destination for leisure tourism, conferences, events, andeducation. We utilize B2B marketing channels and initiatives to develop local and international collaborations, and we work to identify opportunities for new thematic tourism products such as yachting, religious tourism, and athletics. Our strategy is to invest in partnerships with the local conference and meetings industry and to provide support for local and international tourism professionals.
Our mission is to extend the tourism season in Athens beyond the summer months by increasing the number of visitors, conferences, and events scheduled during the autumn and winter months. With the support of our network, we are adding hours and days to the average visitor stay in Athens while increasing the revenue earned from each trip.
We have supported major international conferences such as IFLA World Library and Information Congress (2019), MTJ Medical Travel Summit (2018), American Society of Travel Agents Destination Expo (2018), and the TBEX Travel Bloggers Exchange (2014). We organize the annual This is Athens Travel Trade, the signature B2B event linking Greek and international tourism professionals in Athens. Each year we represent Athens at major international tourism marketing events including IMEX, IBTM, ICCA, and European Cities Marketing.
The core pillars of our work:
- Bid for conferences and events on behalf of the City of Athens.
- Institutional support for conference and event organizers.
- Coordination of site inspections.
- Provide expertise and know-how about B2B activities in Athens.
- Marketing and communications for the City of Athens through B2B channels, FAM trips, and by maintaining relationships with local and international press.
- Roadshows and networking events serving international professionals.
- This is Athens Travel Trade – our signature annual B2B event for travel and meeting professionals.
- Members Program – our network of over 100 major tourism companies.
- Ambassadors Program – our network of academics, professionals, and associations that assist with attracting conferences (40 +members)